Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl Fatigue?


Suffering from SBF (Super Bowl Fatigue) and they haven't even kicked off.

Saw this tweet today and started thinking about all of the Super Bowl hype.  I believe I have officially found a second benefit to cutting off cable - I can't say that I'm really feeling the fatigue and I'm more excited for Super Bowl Sunday than I've been in a long time, even though I don't care much about either team.  Now, that might have something to do with the Super Bowl being two hours away or with our brilliant idea to tag team (or would Royal Rumble be more appropriate) a live blog of the Super Bowl over on 3 Fingers and a Nub tomorrow or it could be that I just haven't really seen much Super Bowl coverage.  If you are bored or have a laptop in your lap at 3:00 or later tomorrow, stop by and see what the hype is about.  And if you don't have time tomorrow, check out his blog - as Anub says - "not for the weak, the weary, children or anyone easily offended."

Back to the Super Bowl -  Here are just a few of the ridiculous articles that I have spent time reading today, which would probably just annoy me if I were able to watch ESPN or there were anything on TV besides figure skating or Secondhand Lions.
  • An article about Wes Welker going to Tom Brady's house because he likes Brady's toilet.  
  • Or this quiz which wants you to identify Super Bowl players by only their eyes?
Not impressed yet?  Let's keep going
  • I'll give this one a cheer, and it makes me like the Giants a bit more 
  • Need to see a little more skin and a little less football?  How about the photo album from the Playboy Party at the Bud Light Hotel in downtown Indy.  
  • Think you know a lot about Eli Manning?  Well, did you know he "has a gift for karaoke"?
But wait, there's more!
  • This one is directly targeted at the host of our Super Bowl party.  I expect Guy Fieri-approved food tomorrow.  
  • And for those of you that could care less about the game and are disgusted by all the hype - here are 4 stupid ideas for how you can protest without getting in the way of the rest of us.  
I'm going to go back to browsing ridiculous Super Bowl news, watching terrible TV and getting more texts from my buddy who wasn't too lazy to drive to Indy today and is now sending me pictures like this one of AJ Green at the NFL Experience.  





No comments:

Post a Comment